This the procedure on how to add a reverse DNS record.Let’s suppose that the ip is 126.96.36.199 and the domain is netcontrol.org
- Click on Create New Master Zone
- Now the Zone type will be: Reverse
- Domain name/network: 168.34.26. (The last number is left out which is 58)
- Records file: Automatic
- Master server: server2.netcontrol.org [/] Add NS record for Master Server?
- Email address: [email protected] or [email protected]
- Use template: no
- Refresh time: leave as default
- Expiry time: leave as default
- IP address for template: leave blank
- Transfer retry time: leave as default
- Default time to leave: leave as default
- Click on create
Now Edit the Master Zone properties for the Reverse that we just created.
- Click on PT
- Now add Reverse Address Record
- Address: 188.8.131.52 (type complete IP address here)
- Host name: netcontrol.org.
- Update forward: yes
- Click on Create
Return to Record Types
At the end restart named service.